Giving an online presentation for the first time can be intimidating, even for people who are experienced in instructing in-person audiences. These are our recommendations for how to make sure your presentation with Digitell runs smoothly and provides a high-quality learning experience for your viewers.
Before your rehearsal, we suggest that you make sure you have everything on the following list:
- A computer with an up-to-date operating system
- A dual-monitor setup
- HD 1080P webcam
- Hardwired internet connection
- A quiet instructional environment with adequate lighting
- Zoom downloaded on your computer
Each instructor’s computer operating system needs to be running at or above the following:
- Windows 7, 8, 8.1, or 10 with the compatible web browser: Google Chrome or Firefox.
- Mac OS 10.3 or higher with the compatible web browser: Google Chrome, Firefox, or Safari.
Instructors will need two monitors to simultaneous display the Zoom and Opus Live Platforms.
- Though a tablet can be used to as the second monitor to display Opus Live Moderator Panel, we recommend that you use a screen that is connected to your computer.
- The instructor’s webcam must be high definition with a resolution of at least 1080 pixels.
- Webcams that are built into laptops are not typically of a very high quality.
- If you don’t already have an external webcam, we recommend purchasing the Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920
- Instructors will need to have a hardwired Ethernet connection. Though WiFi is convenient, an Ethernet connection will give you the most reliable internet speeds for instructing.
- Instructors must have access to internet connection speeds at or above 5mbps upload and 5mbps download.
- Business attire is recommended
- Avoid patterns and high-contrast pinstripes
- Aim for blues, natural tones, and pastel colors
Zoom is the video conferencing software that Digitell uses to host the video calls that we record or stream out. You will need to download it on the computer you’ll be using before your rehearsal with our producer.
If you don’t have Zoom downloaded already, you can do so here.
Finished with your checklist? Make sure to watch this Webcam Best Practices video.
This is the front-end player that your viewers will see.
Thank you for reviewing the pre-rehearsal checklist and watching our tips and set up video. Feel free to address any additional questions to Digitell’s events production team during your pre-production rehearsal. You will receive a email with an invitation link to this rehearsal if you have not already.