VEI: Get the Word Out! Increase Your Association’s Value Proposition and Reach With Digital Events
At the recent PCMA Conference in Vancouver, one of the sessions focused on how to extend the reach of your brand and your message through Virtual and Hybrid Events. One of the surprising data elements to come out of the session was data showing that Associations are getting amazing conversion rates of virtual attendees becoming physical attendees the following year.
“We had a 12% conversion rate of our virtual attendees coming to our face-to-face meeting the following year. That’s a great number”, says Jerome Bruce of AGA. PCMA has also reported a conversion rate in excess of 20%. “Using virtual to drive physical attendance may be the best reason to live stream your event”, says Jim Parker, president of Digitell and host of this session.
Here are some other “Pearls” that the presenters shared during this session.
From Jim Parker, president of Digitell
- Less than 10% of your members will access your On-Demand content. Up to 25% of your members will attend live online events
- Hybrid Events have been profitable for most clients. 80% of Digitell’s clients are having success with their Hybrid Event.
- Hybrid Events are a Long-Term Investment in Growing Your Organization
- The 7 Steps of a successful Hybrid Event
- Establish your Organizations Goals & Objectives
- Identify Value Opportunities and Establish Business Model Options
- Evaluate & Select Your Hybrid Event Partner
- Develop a Marketing Strategy and Implement Across the Entire Organization
- Execute the Event
- Survey Users and Analyze the Event and Collected Data
- Build on Success
- Generally, 50% of Registrants Will Attend if Free, 95% will Attend if They Have Paid
From Dana Freker Doody, VP, Corporate Communications, Expo Group on behalf of ASHE
- Use Hybrid Events to Keep Your Community and Membership Together and Engaged
- ASHE Successfully Streamed a 4 Way Conversation From the Exhibit Hall – The Interviewer, The Interviewee, the On-Site Attendee and the Virtual Attendee
- ASHE Live Stream Went From a Marketing Budget Item to a Sponsored Model in One Year
- ASHE Virtual Attendee Feedback
- 92% Found the Experience Beneficial
- 57% Had Never Been to the Physical Event
- 32% or More are Likely to Attend the Physical Event Next Year
- 97% Would Recommend the Virtual Experience to There Colleagues
- ASHE Has Been Able to Charge a Premium Booth Fee to Be Near the Live Stream Area
From Jerome Bruce, Director of Meetings & Events, Association of Government Accountants
- AGA Charged the Same Price to Virtual Attendees as Physical Attendees
- Finding the Right Vendor to Work With Can Make All the Difference. For Us That Was Digitell.
- First Year’s Results Generated a Positive ROI
- We Had a 12% Conversion Rate of Virtual to Physical Attendees From Year 1 to Year 2
From Melissa Lanouette, Director of Meetings & Events, National Speakers Association
- We did Not Experience Any Cannibalization Due to Our Live Stream
- Live Streaming Allowed Non-Attendees to Be Part of the Conference
- Live Streaming allowed Us to Bring In an International Community to the Discussion
- The Best Thing We Added to Our Live Stream was a Talk Show, With Professional Hosts
- The Talk Show Delivered a Different Experience to the Virtual Audience Than What the Live Attendees Had.