In a recent survey (Jul 25, 2016) “Why Do Professionals Attend a Hybrid Event“ over 100 professionals who attended virtual hybrid events shared some very interesting data.
(If you would like to be included in future surveys, sign up for our eNews and Updates )
1. 83% of virtual attendees had no intention of attending the physical meeting, dispelling the myth that running a hybrid event will cannibalize your physical event.
2. 43% of virtual attendees have never attended the physical event before, making this group excellent prospects for recruiting to attend the physical event in future years.
3. Money was the number one reason why professionals do not attend a physical conference, with 72%, followed by work schedule, 60%, previous commitments, 39%, travel concerns, 34% and taking time away from home at 33%.
4. 77% of professionals said that attending the virtual conference made them want to attend the physical conference, with 68% saying they either did or will probably attend the physical meeting in future years. This demonstrates the power of hybrid events as a marketing tool to drive your physical attendance, instead of being concerned about cannibalization.
5. 25% of respondents said they would probably never attend the physical conference without the exposure from the virtual conference and another 40% said they may not have attended.
6. 63% of virtual attendees say they received CE for attending, but amazingly 51% said CE was not the reason for attending virtually.
7. 94% of virtual attendees said they would likely attend another virtual conference meaning that we have finally got to the point where the virtual experience is positive enough that it is a viable option for anyone running a conference or meeting.
This survey was conducted by Digitell, Inc. Digitell is the leading Live Streaming / Content Capture company in the Association market, streaming over 150 conferences per year for over 100 Associations.